Berezovsky suffered a broken rib – report
- Inquiry into Berezovsky's death to start on Thursday - police
- Berezovsky's death consistent with hanging - police
- Berezovsky's personal property may be governed by Russian law
- Berezovsky's heirs to be held liable for his debts
- Russian prosecutors seek return of Berezovsky's assets
- Berezovsky's death instigates conspiracy theories, investigation underway
- Russian tycoon Boris Berezovsky found dead in UK
MOSCOW, March 28 - RAPSI. A family source claimed that a postmortem examination had uncovered a broken rib on the body of self-exiled Russian oligarch Boris Berezovsky, The Guardian reported Wednesday.
Berezovsky's bodyguard found the late oligarch lying on the bathroom floor of his Berkshire home on Saturday afternoon.
His body was formally identified by a family member Tuesday. Thames Valley Police announced that an official inquest into his death would begin Thursday.
Late Monday police announced that an initial autopsy had established that the cause of death was consistent with hanging, but no signs of violent death were found.
"The results of the post-mortem examination, carried out by a Home Office pathologist, have found the cause of death is consistent with hanging. The pathologist has found nothing to indicate a violent struggle," Thames Valley police said in a statement.
"Further tests will now be carried out, including toxicology and histology examinations, the results of which are likely to take several weeks," the police said.