Tymoshenko's defense applies to change measure of restriction
- Ukrainian national oil and gas giant denies losses pinned on Tymoshenko
- Tymoshenko arrested for indefinite term - defense
- Doctors find no reasons to treat Tymoshenko out of jail
- Tymoshenko arrested in another case while in custody - attorney
- Ukrainian Security Service to investigate cases against Tymoshenko
- Tymoshenko case of non-disclosing $165 mln nearing completion
KIEV, December 14 - RAPSI. Former Ukrainian Prime Minister Yulia Tymoshenko's counsel filed an application with an appellate court on Wednesday to change the measure of restraint for their client to a non-custodial measure, RIA Novosti reports from the courtroom.
The attorney explained that Tymoshenko's health has considerably deteriorated during her stay in the pretrial detention center and she requires medical treatment, which cannot be provided while she is in custody.
The court of appeals will continue on Wednesday to consider her appeal against her seven-year sentence in the "gas case" and the court-imposed payment of almost $190 million to Naftogaz in damages.