Bill proposing ban on weapons purchase by criminals forwarded to Duma
- 1% of Russians admit to using non-lethal guns - poll
- State Duma deputy speaker proposes banning guns in public places
- Russian government set to consider tougher gun laws
- More than 150 policemen brought to liability for violations in gun control
- Gun legalization bill to be submitted to parliament in 2013
MOSCOW, September 11 (RAPSI) – The government forwarded for the State Duma’s review a draft law proposing a ban on weapons purchased by individuals convicted of serious crimes committed with the use of firearms .
The bill proposed to ban individuals who have standing or removed convictions from being able to purchase firearms and obtain hunting permits.
The weapon permits will not be issued to citizens who have – over the course of the previous year – committed more than one crime against public safety, broke hunting rules or were charged with any drug related crime.
Furthermore, the sporting activities that allow citizens to purchase specialized rifled-bore weapons will be relegated to Olympic events only.