Razvozzhayev tells human rights ombudsman there was no violence
MOSCOW, October 23 - RAPSI. Human Rights Ombudsman Vladimir Lukin has visited an investigative isolation ward where opposition figure Leonid Razvozzhayev is being held on charges of preparing mass riots.
"Razvozzhayev said he is being kept in a solitary cell," the ombudsman reported on his website. Razvozzhayev said he has not been exposed to physical violence. He has no complaints about his detention. He only wants to be transferred out of his solitary cell, according to the website.
When investigators reported that Razvozzhayev had filed an acknowledgment of guilt, opposition members said he did so under pressure and he may have been tortured.
According to the ombudsman, Razvozzhayev said that attorney has not been allowed to him so far.
"He refused from pro bono lawyers," according to the website.
Lukin referred to the Prosecutor General's Office, requesting that it ensure the investigation into Razvozzhayev's case and his detention are lawful, the website reported.
On October 19, the Investigative Committee placed Razvozzhayev on the federal wanted list. He was then charged charged with preparing mass riots together with Udaltsov and Lebedev.The case against them was initiated after the screening of the film, "Anatomy of Protest 2," on the NTV TV channel.
The film aired on October 5 and claims that Udaltsov and his supporters planned to stage mass riots and a coup using funding from the Georgian government. The documentary is complete with footage of Udaltsov's alleged meeting with a Georgian representative to discuss plans for the rebellion. NTV said on Thursday that the video was handed to the channel's correspondent in the street by a Georgian national who walked away without identifying himself.