Lawsuit for $20 mln from Moscow for palace renovation to be handled on July 13
MOSCOW, May 14 - RAPSI. The Moscow Commercial Court has scheduled July 3 as the hearing date for UniversStroyLux construction company's lawsuit against Moscow government to recover approximately $20 million for restoring a palace in Kolomenskoye park reserve, the court told the Russian Legal Information agency (RAPSI/rapsinews.com).
The company sought to collect the payment due according to their 2009 palace renovation contract. On September 14, the court ordered the Moscow government to pay the developer 548 million rubles ($18.6 million) in unjust enrichment, but denied the payment of interest to the amount of 22.23 million rubles ($737,00). The judgment came into force in November.
The claimant maintains that the Moscow government did not pay for the project in full, as the plans were revised from time to time, due to the project's unique character.
The developer also said the property had been commissioned and is now open to the public and being run by the park. The Moscow government, on the other hand, is adamant that the project cost was fixed and not subject to adjustments.
UniversStroyLux is a Moscow-based design, construction and renovation company.
The palace of Tsar Alexis I was built in the 17th century and was a masterpiece of wooden architecture. It was ultimately dismantled, but the blueprints survived and were later used to restore the property.