Ukraine closes one criminal case against Tymoshenko
- Naftogaz losses in "gas case" not proved - Tymoshenko's daughter
- Tymoshenko transferred to prison from pre-trial detention center
- Tymoshenko can still contest sentence in "gas case", attorney says
- Kiev court of appeals confirms legitimacy of Tymoshenko’s arrest under new case
- Tymoshenko appeals "state guarantees" case
- Ukrainian parliament not to decriminalize Tymoshenko offense
KIEV, January 18 - RAPSI. Ukraine's security service has closed a criminal case against former Ukrainian Prime Minister Yulia Tymoshenko regarding the concealment of currency proceeds as the offence has been removed from the Criminal Code, the service's press office said on Wednesday.
Meanwhile, the security service will continue investigating Tymoshenko's other crimes.
Ukraine's security service is presently looking into several cases regarding Tymoshenko's activities as the head of United Energy Systems of Ukraine in the 1990s. The former prime minister has been charged with financial frauds.